The Animal Clinic of Milford’s Obedience classes are now available on Wednesday evenings with Janis Copes, ABCDT. Janis is an honors graduate and Mentor Trainer for Animal Behavior College, member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers, Pet Professional Guild, supporting member of the International Association of Behavioral Consultants and an AKC Canine Good Citizen Instructor/Evaluator. Janis uses force free training to teach obedience cues, eliminate behavior issues and build trusting bonds between owners and their pets.
Tuition Cost: The six-week course is $250.
Beginner I will help with problem solving and the acquisition of basic obedience skills. This class is designed for puppies and dogs that have had no prior formal training.
You will gain an understanding of:
- Socialization, what it is and how to do it properly
- How to be your dog’s advocate and build trust
- Hand signals vs. verbal cues
- Leash techniques
- Basic canine body language
Tools for solving problems such as:
Lessons will include:
- Name recognition
- Leave it
- Walking on a loose lead
Beginner II will help you advance and refine the skills you were taught in our Beginner I classes
Lessons will include:
- Focus – on verbal cue with duration and distractions
- Stay in a sit or down with duration, distance, and distractions
- Loose lead walking at your side without pulling
- Leave it when walking by or dropping food
- Interacting with people and other dogs politely
- Gaining control entering and exiting cars and doorways
- Basic handling skills for grooming and veterinary visits
- Supervised Separation
- Reaction to distractions
- Reliable recall from a distance
Wednesday Evenings by Janis Copes
Meet Your Trainer: Janis Copes, ABCDT
View Bio – Click Here
Please join Janis Copes, ABCDT from Escape the Crate, LLC for this informative 6 week course designed to help you, the handler, learn how to get the behavior you want from your dog using force free positive reinforcement techniques. Lessons will include teaching sit, down, come, stay and walking on a loose lead. The goal is to teach your dog to be a polite family member.
Please join Janis Copes, ABCDT from Escape the Crate, LLC for this 6 week course designed to help you refine the skills you were taught in the Beginner I Class, or equivalent, using force free positive reinforcement techniques. Lessons will focus on walking on a loose lead, come, stay, polite greetings and working with distractions.
Animal Clinic of Milford
100 Gulf Street
Milford CT 06460